Saturday, April 10, 2010

Six hours at Uffizi Museum

I went to the Uffizi Museum today. Got there early and still had a 45 minute wait. It is usually 2-3 hours.
Had so much fun. Took my time and after six hours I was done :)
went down stairs and realized there was more.
Just about 15 more paintings and
this was the last Painting I saw- not suppose to take pictues but this little angel looked so much like Mal:)
On the top of Uffizi- looking at the Duomo -Dome.

It` s my land mark, kinda like the twin towers were.


I took notes and drew sketches while I toured.

These were my favorite angels, I took a very bad picture of them, cause I had to be sneaky. Later I found this picture on line. The artist is Andrea del Sarto.
i would like to paint these guys.

























This is the blurry picture of my angels



looking at the bridge from the museum- It was a beautiful day.
Hope the weather was nice in Gonzales for the Angel Sale! Thought of yall all day.







All the artist are setup out on the street below.










lattice work painted on the ceiling


2 comments:

The Mabiles said...

I love the first painting! What is it called? It is funny that you thought the angel looked like Malorie, I saw it and thought it looked like my neice, Morgan. Maybe it looks like someone to everyone!

Rebecca's Murals said...

The First Painting is
`Adoration of Christ`
by Gherardo Dille Notti

Wish I could have taken more picture ^ there were so many sweet faces. But i think it was good to enjoy it with out everyone takeing pics.