Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday in Florence

Gelato shops were open today. Eventhough it was cold we enjoyed the Italian icecream.
Greg Ithought about you when I saw these cufflinks- but they were about $75
Italian fast food- hot dogs, hambergers and french fries:
This is my roomate-Mami
Mami, me and Marsella on one of the many bridges in Florence. The one behind us, Ponte Vecchio, was the only one left standing after ww2. But because it was protected a lot of the buildings in the city were destroyed during the war. The people said they wish the bridge had been destoyed, because it would have been easier to rebuild one bridge than several buildings.
It has houses and shops all across the bridge- very unique.
This was a trre growing on the second floor of this building!

Iorn Dragon
on the side on the PalaceStrozzi.
In side the Palace Strozzi- now a public building, for schools and art exibits. with a small history museum.
I bought olives, cheese and artichokes for my lunch here.
angle painting in the window/reflection of the building across the street

Reminds me of my bagle moms;)

Everyone in their coats buying Gelato/icecream.
Art galleries on every street!

Mal the color did not turn out as well in this pic, but this smart car below was lime green;)

I was going to buy a book to read- but this paper back was $23.

bridge between buildings- Uffizz Museum
This is the bridge I mentioned earlier that looks like a city block.


Street artist

Toy store

Shoe store- everyone dresses so fashonable here- Emily you would love it


My favorite artist
I learned that you don` shake hands unless you want a kiss- one the hand or the cheeks.
Both cheeks
He was singing "you scream,I scream, we all scream for icecream"

Musicians in all the piazzas-Squares.

My picture to show JJ -the next color;)

5 comments:

The Mabiles said...

I can finally look at your pictures again!!! 1) I love the iron dragon thing!, 2) Is your roommate's name pronounced May-mee? If so, I love that name!

Eric and Jessica said...

That was fun! I love all the pictures! And I want the dress on the cover of that book-lol!

I love the angel in the window too!

Thanks for the updates!

Rebecca's Murals said...

her name is pronounced -ma me
she is very sweet.

Mally Moe said...

I'm so jealous of your smart car sightings. Zach just reminded me that they have convertible smart cars. I've decided that I should tell his mom I want one of those and then when I get a normal smart car she'll just be happy it's not a convertible. :)

Rebecca's Murals said...

Oh but Malorie the convertible is the best. I will try to take a picture. but where i walk the cars are usually just parked.

Sarah i thought of you when i took the pic of the dragon

jess haven`t seen the dress yet