Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday Morning Market in Sacile,Italy

When I walked out of the apartment this morning this is what greeted me. Needless to say I was in heaven:)This is the result of my Thursday Morning Market experience.
This spread consists of Fresh sun dried tomatoes, sweat and spicy olives, fresh roasted almonds in their shells, dates and dried raspberry (I think there raspberries) Fresh parmesan cheese, and shrimp that reminds me of the chile shrimp from Singapore.
OK Jess this is for you. My lunch for Thursday!
and of course a glass of wine- 1.69 euro for the bottle;)

I have never seen this many people in this street before. When I heard three girls talking English I I stopped to talk to them. Their husbands were in the Air force and they lived in a neighboring town. They said there was a market open in different towns most every morning. And they told me to bargain. It was nice to understand people talking!
Fruit stand
Example of how owners look like their pets
Dad this reminded me how much you enjoyed the markets in Malaysia and the seafood spaghetti in Sydney:)
A whole booth dedicated to making wine. (bottle corking press in red)
At this booth I bought a present for Madilyn Rose Porta:)The whole family helped with this sale. the grandpa called me in, the son showed me the selection and the dad helped the son with English. Wish I could have a picture of the three of them but i only captured the grandpa.
Heading back to the apartment. Mary's is the pink on the left.
whole family at the market- the mom was buying fish
Cheese booth where I bought my parmesan.

Caio!





4 comments:

The Mabiles said...

The food looks DELICIOUS! That market looks like so much fun. We do things so boring here in The States :( Haha, did you ever see that episode of I Love Lucy where she has to smuggle back a big log of cheese and disguise it as a baby? That is what I imagine you doing, hahaha!

Verena said...

I am so happy for you to be able to experience the Dolce Vita of Italy.
I´m starting to miss things a little; f.e. going to markets like this. Oh well you keep me updated. Keep on having a great time, Aunt Becky.
Love Verena

Eric and Jessica said...

The market is beautiful! I love the rugs in the first picture! And the little old people are so cute!
Bring back some of that lunch for me, ok? You know I love food souveniers ;)

Emily said...

Love the pic of the dad and little girl. Her coat is so European. It's exactly what I would imagine wearing to a market in Italy!

PS there's so much to comment on. I'll be back.