Rainy day today so I'm painting at Mary's and updating the blog. Trains station is about a ten minute walk from the apartment. Train ride cost 5euro and take one hour. I sat in a car with kids on a field trip to Venice. They were so excited and just like the adults, talked always with their hands:) The Grand Canal As I was alone I could stop and take tons of pictures. Here is the floor on one of the hundreds of bridges in the city. Thought this could inspire an interesting abstract. Sweets and pastries every where. Huge meringue cookies! But you would be proud of me Malorie, I resisted. Polizia The canals are busy with lots of boats. I saw taxis, police, fire, ambulance, Fruit and vegetable boat and here is a beer boat. Then the guys have to haul it through the tourist. They had their market set up this morning. So I bought black berries and a delicious orange for lunch. Lots of glove shops. Pinocchio was born in Italy>he is in a lot of shops. It was sad to see graffiti every where. I didn't remember that. It was by most of the sidewalk cafes. Very old lamp Happy Easter friends:) This is for Emily- no cals this way;) OK this is one of my two homes;) Love that green. Does that remind anyone of Malorie...and a Gondolier taking her away? Me in Venice with Masks. Lots and lots of carnaval mask. This is my other house. I just picked two. Actually I don't know how many houses are in this picture.? But it was my favorite. wine bar underneath. Most of the Gondoliers past the career down to their sons. You have to try out to be one and so far no women have passed. I saw them practicing when I came in on the train. These two looked like father and son. Roof tops Just missed an intense pictures of these two talking in front of the fabric shop. I don;t think they are tourist. fire hydrants everywhere First warm day so there where lots of gondolas in the canals. Parallel Parking The building are so close you can barely see this pretty church. And there where sooooo many people. This was one of my land marks to find my way home. bella Love, love, love ,love the lights here! Wish I could bring them all home. First bridge I saw with out a crowd on it. Look at these light!!!!!!!!!!! And now for more Gondoliers.... I thought this would make an awsome commercial for phillips light bulbs. The box is small in on the left. What a job these guys have. I think there were a hundred globes in this square alone. Look at that globe! they were so pretty. San Marco's Basilica. When I said St. Mark, no one knew what I was talking about. Artist This is what I looked at while I was on the balcony having my lunch of blueberries oranges and a cliff bar- sorry Jess no pic. An then I sketched the angles. I love this guy. The mosaics were breathtaking. This is where I ran out memory. And Mal said I couldn't do it.
I started painting murals when I was five. My first canvas was the top of a hall closet and my medium was my mom's lipstick. She saved that mural to show my children.
Since then I have painted walls in kitchens, bedrooms, living rooms, offices and even the walls of a swimming pool.
Currently I am painting murals in Emergency Room Clinics.
1 comment:
hmmmm. It seems like Italian gloves would be fantastic souvenirs!
Post a Comment