Sunday, May 6, 2012

Austin -Rapunzel Mural

 The flowers now have color.
 before color
 after
 this is in chalk- thinking about painting it in black. ?

 Castle painted
wonder where to put the lantern and how big it should be
looks like she is pointing to the chameleon
 Rapunzel is not really pointing at anything yet.  I want to paint a lantern.
 I stopped with the white daisy color.  But I'm not sure if this is the best color of the look of the whole mural.  What do you think?
 couldn't make Max's face stern:(

 Do you think the color on the tower is a little too bright? 
 I love this one.  But do I need to outline the rock he is standing on?
 

don't know why these are here?
this is the whole mural -view from the front door
Rhonda pointed out that the tree in the corner blends with the tree outside.

This is not how I envisioned the orange and yellow, but by the time I painted her I forgot what my vision was.

I still have to wash color on the castle and the bridge.
Now I am going to bed:)


2 comments:

Eric and Jessica said...

Klaus says, "I like the horse and the castle." As soon as I showed him the first picture he said, "Nana painted that!"

Looks great!
I can't remember what the tower looked like. Did you paint the castle bright? Because the tower should be less bright than the castle, because it was where she was trapped, right? I don't know. I think it looks cute either way. And I love the worms!

Emily said...

Yes to outlining the rock.
No the tower's not too bright. It's really beautiful. That's the first thing I noticed--> how pretty the tower was.
Yes, the white daisy color is a little bright or something... I think It should be a different color.

Everything looks great! I love the little caterpillars! Who cares why they're there?

I think my favorite is the chameleon on the pink flowers looking like he's love drunk :)
cute!